Thursday, August 28, 2014

zucchini bisque

I found this recipe online with a little comment saying that it was a good one and it was.  It was also easy to do and pretty quick to make.  I am using my overly large zucchinis for this, making the soup up to the point where the cream is added and putting it in the freezer.  When I pull it out to serve I will add the cream during the reheating.   I used my homemade canned broth  which was very tasty. 

zucchini  bisque


1 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup light cream

In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add zucchini and chicken
broth. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes: add seasonings. Puree on
low in a blender. Return to pan: stir in cream and heat through.
Yield: 4-5 servings (6 cups)

Please be careful when blending hot soup.  I used my immersion (stick) blender and blended the soup right in the pan.  If you are using a conventional blender only blend half a blender jar full at a time.



original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment