Thursday, October 24, 2013

roasted sweet potatoes

One quick and easy way that I prepare sweet potatoes is to roast them.  There are only three ingredients, peeled cubed sweet potatoes, olive oil and seasoning of your choice.  Today I am using Famous Dave's Country Roast Chicken Seasoning.  Here my sweet potatoes are cubed but they can also be cut like steak fries.
I put the cubed sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle over a tablespoon or two of olive oil. 
I use a spoon or my fingers to toss the sweet potatoes in the oil until they are coated, then I pour the oiled potatoes on to a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the seasoning.
They bake in the oven at 400° for 30 minutes.  They are not too fussy about temperature.  I have baked them in the same oven with something else that needed to be at 350° and they baked just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment