Monday, October 28, 2013

zucchini muffins


I made this recipe for zucchini muffins a couple times this summer with fresh zucchini from the garden and when my sister Lisa found a straggler zucchini while clearing her garden for the winter it was a chance to make another batch.  This recipe couldn't be easier.  You don't need a mixer.  It is quick to put together and bakes quickly as well. 

eggs, sugar and vanilla
zucchini and then melted butter
dry ingredients
I did not add the nuts or fruit (craisins).

When I make muffins I don't use cupcake papers.  I use a brush to coat my pans.
And then a disher (ice cream scoop) to fill my muffin pans.


This recipe makes more than a dozen regular sized muffins even without the nuts and fruit.  This time I decided to make some mini muffins as well.

filled pans ready for the oven.

 All done.




Zucchini muffins

2 eggs
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups grated fresh zucchini
2/3 cup butter, melted
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup nuts (optional)
1 cup craisins (optional)


Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla.  Add zucchini and then the butter.  Combine the dry ingredients and stir together.  Add the nuts and/or craisins, if using.  Dish into coated muffin cups.  Bake 350° for 25-30 minutes.  I baked the mini muffins for a few minutes less.  Cool slightly in the pan and then remove.  These freeze well.










2 comments: