Thursday, October 24, 2013

sauteed kale with garlic

Recently I was visiting with my sister-in-law who had stopped at the farmstand.  She was looking for kale and there was not any offered for sale that day so I picked some for her from the potager.  She was telling that a relative of hers sauteed her kale with garlic.  It sounded good.  She did not provide the recipe so here is my stab at sauteed kale with garlic.

To begin with I gathered some freshly picked kale and washed it and blanched it as explained here.  Once I had the kale blanched I heated a pan and added a little olive oil and some sliced garlic.  I used about 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and four garlic cloves. 
Once the garlic was getting a little color and starting to be a little fragrant I added the kale.

The moisture that was in the kale steamed away once it hit the hot skillet.  After about a minute of sauteing we served it.

Here is it pictured as side dish with soup and roasted sweet potatoes.  You can see the crunchy bits of sauteed garlic slices.


It had good flavor and texture.  We decided part way through the meal that it might be good with Parmesan cheese, which we had and pine nuts, which we did not have.  We added the Parmesan which really added interest to this dish.  I would try it again next time with some pine nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment